Need some energy after your big meal...lol
These look like they taste great!!
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 64 pieces (about 3 lbs.)
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon Folgers® Classic Instant Coffee Crystals
Or 1 tablespoon Kava® Acid-Neutralized Instant Coffee
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts Directions :
- LINE 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Coat bottom and sides of foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT butter and chocolate in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and coffee crystals. Clip candy thermometer to side of pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thermometer registers 248º (firm-ball stage*). Mixture should boil at moderate, steady rate over entire surface. (It should take 15 to 20 minutes to reach firm-ball stage.)
- REMOVE from heat. Remove thermometer. Immediately stir in nuts. Quickly pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly with spoon. Cool.
- USE foil to lift candy out of pan when it is firm. Cut into squares with a buttered knife. Wrap each square in plastic wrap or place in candy cups.
- *NOTE: To test for firm-ball stage, spoon a few drops of the hot caramel mixture into a cup of very cold (but not icy) water. Using your fingers, form the drops into a ball. Remove the ball from the water. If it is firm enough to hold its shape but quickly flattens at room temperature, it has reached firm-ball stage. If the mixture hasn't reached the correct stage, continue cooking and retesting, using fresh water and a clean spoon each time.
Hop over to Folgers.com to see this recipe and more
Cappuccino Caramels Royale