Jan 30, 2012

Shabby Chic Hope Chest



.
This project was pretty easy. 

The hope chest was sitting on my porch for a while,
waiting to find a warm home inside.
Unfortunately,Moisture got to the wood on top and the wood started peeling away.

1. I decided to save it and remove as much of the wood from the top as possible.
But, I wanted to leave some of the wood torn to make it rugged looking. 
2. I then sanded it a little. 
3. I painted it with off white paint.
(I chose to not poly it because I am very sensitive to smell.)
Plus, if the paint chips I can always touch it up.

I love how it turned out!!
I can totally see this being used as a coffee table too.

-----Misty
I am Linking to:                                                               



1 comment:

Super bowl 2012 said...

I have no words for this great post such a awe-some information i got gathered. Thanks to Author.